Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Payroll Specialist, you’ll love to be hands-on in order to deal with the complex legalities, regulations and logistics of the global payroll landscape. You’ll also support multiple employee payroll bases — for our European hubs— ensuring an incredible service for our colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Manage the end-to-end payroll process for 200+ employees with multi-country operations.
- Manage monthly payroll accounting and reconciliation partnering with Finance and Treasury teams.
- Maintenance of payroll records and files including, but not limited to PTO and other accrued leave.
- Advise our People Operations team on various payroll-relevant topics and more.
- Partner cross-functionally with our People Operations, Accounting, Legal and Treasury teams to:
- Reconcile recurring and non-recurring entries on the monthly payroll checklist against the payroll change reports.
- Enter non-recurring payroll mutations and adjustments in the global payroll system.
- Reconcile benefit in kind and monthly reconciliations of employee and employer contributions to third-party vendors.
Who you are
- 3+ years of international payroll experience and very good knowledge of international labour law in at-least 1 or 2 of these countries (Spain, Netherlands, UK or Germany) and its impact on payroll. Experience with our operating countries is a plus.
- Technical courage - ability to work with a variety of HR-Tools (working knowledge of Workday preferred) and passion for numbers and data, and navigating the complexities of an international scope.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail. Organisational, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills are an additional plus.
- A team player (no egos!), quick comprehension, solution-oriented and precise way of working; ability to work reliably both independently as well as with other players across the company.
- Full professional proficiency (both written and verbal) in English is required. Any other language is an advantage.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.