Senior Data Engineer
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Do you want to develop data pipelines and do innovative work on the data processing frameworks and architectures with the ability to scale intelligently? Then join Bitpanda Data Engineering team!
What you’ll do
- Opportunity to build and define the data initiatives for the company
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using AWS technologies. Implement data pipelines and data integration solutions with Python and Java languages
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data is maintained in the data layer. Clean and wrangle data into a usable state that are ready to be used by our Product and Engineering teams
- Work with stakeholders to align solutions and data integration with business objectives
- Debug, troubleshoot, and improve cloud-based applications and s2uggest improvements to current data architecture
Who you are
- Strong skills in data integration and data gathering methodologies and APIs and experience working with a variety of APIs (e.g., REST API or SOAP API)
- Experience with AWS services and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Understanding of ETL/ELT infrastructures and Cloud architectures
- Experience with event driven Architectures and tools such as Kafka and knowledge of version control systems such as GIT
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Something looks off?