Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Financial Controller at Bitpanda your role will be to provide meaningful data for decision making and proactively suggest measures to improve company performance. You will be part of the team responsible for ambitious and reliable future target setting, tracking actual performance against our budget and deriving proposals to improve target achievement. Moreover, you will actively contribute to defining and setting up KPI sets and holistic management reports. Being embedded in the CFO area and working along with all other finance functions, you will closely collaborate with business managers and corporate functions like Product Management and Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Consolidate and review monthly financial results to ensure high data quality and provide a management report on financial performance of the company
- Contribute to building financial reporting landscape and planning processes by using reporting tools and designing efficient workflows
- Review the metrics performance is measured against and participate in planning process
- Act as a sparring partner between business managers and other finance functions to deliver best-in-class financial and operational data processing
- Drive deep-dive analysis in crucial areas to create ideas and proposals on how to improve business performance
Who you are
- Experienced controller with solid finance and accounting knowledge
- Organised and detail-oriented with passion for number crunching
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with various stakeholders and drive new initiatives
- Tech savvy to work with high amount of data with tools and applications (Netsuite, Anaplan, Tableau, Excel, G-Suite) and continuous process improvements
- Interested in financial markets / fintechs as a plus
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Something looks off?