Risk Operations Specialist
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Risk Operations Specialist at Bitpanda, your mission is to monitor and investigate online transactions for fraud, scam, and money laundering patterns in order to mitigate suspicious behavior. You are proactive in your approach to spotting unusual activities and drive for creative resolution and prevention techniques.
What you’ll do
- Investigate banking, credit card, and crypto transactions in order to detect and analyze suspicious behavior.
- Take ownership of Fraud/Scam investigations for online transactions that require further checks.
- Provide input and feedback toward system and process improvements.
- Grant operational internal & external support while meeting established SLAs.
- Create ad hoc reports describing the latest fraud groups/scenarios using various tools and systems.
Who you are
- Passionate about fraud prevention, proactive intervention methods, and hungry to make an impact.
- Relevant experience in fraud prevention preferably in a cryptocurrency/Fintech company.
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment where you enjoy working on various projects with multiple stakeholders, and are adaptable to different work volumes.
- Flexible to work various shift patterns (e.g. 7am to 3pm and 3pm till midnight) as well weekend shifts.
- Familiar with Chainalysis; knowledge of SQL would be a plus.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Something looks off?