Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As our Accounting Associate, you will be part of an expert team that manages the day-to-day accounting activities for our HQ and all our subsidiaries. In this role you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of accounting activities in a fast moving fintech environment where you'll have ownership for managing all relevant accounting transactions and contribute to interesting project work related to data and financial accounting process improvement.
What you’ll do
- Independent bookkeeping for all kinds of accounting tasks
- Manage the timely processing of relevant accounting transactions (e.g. accounts receivable, cash management, bank postings, fixed assets accounting, inter-company transactions, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, yearly and consolidated financial statements
- Contribute to projects that improve the quality of the accounting data and financial processes
Who you are
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting
- General knowledge of Austrian GAAP. IFRS is considered a plus
- Experience in processing incoming invoices and processing expense claims
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle Netsuite preferred) is considered a plus
- Excellent English skills; fluency in German is an advantage
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.