Senior DataOps Engineer (Kafka)
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and more than 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
The Data Platform team in Bitpanda is responsible for building and supporting both Analytics and Operational Data Platform . If you are passionate about infrastructure and data pipelines then this is a role for you. You will ensure delivery of solutions based on the backbone of good architecture, best data engineering practices around operational efficiencies, security, robustness, performance and reliability.
Our tech stack:
- Apache Spark/ Airflow/ Kafka
- HashiCorp Terraform (Infrastructure as Code)
- AWS (EKS, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS etc.)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI/CD
What you'll do:
- Assist data platform team with all infrastructure related activities, and the migration of old infrastructure to Terraform.
- Play a key role in technical design and ongoing development of custom ETL solutions; understanding and contributing from design through to code level
- Support analysts and data scientists by leveraging APIs to enhance and automate data pipelines
- Develop and deploy systems to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiency of data systems
- Build data tools/products to suit the specific needs of all our stakeholders
Who you are:
- University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience building platforms with either ECS or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with distributed computing using a cloud based tech stack on platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Familiarity in the development of software using a wide variety of object oriented languages (i.e. R, Python (at minimum), C#, Java, etc.), relational DBs (SQL, My SQL, etc.) and data warehouses (Redshift, Apache Hive, Snowflake, Google BigQuery), and working with REST APIs
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.