Senior Software Engineer Java
Core skills: Scalability, cloud, microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, AWS, Google, Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hibernate, MySQL, Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, ElasticSearch
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward-thinking individuals who want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award-winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
Bitmovin is looking for inspired individuals to join our Platform team as Senior Software Engineer. We are providing a massively scalable cloud-based tech stack to power our Bitmovin products. In this team, you will work with a cloud-native microservice architecture that is built to run with AWS, GC, and Azure. You will also be involved in architectural decisions on how to further evolve our products on an architectural level.
This is an opportunity that offers:
- Development of high-quality, high-performance, fault-tolerant, well-tested, reusable, and scalable code that will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Discovery+, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times, and millions of users worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with a modern tech stack including Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana, ELK Stack, SonarQube, and CircleCI.
- Involvement in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution.
- Development of new and improvement of existing features as well as opportunity to investigate and resolve issues.
- Diverse career opportunities and continuous growth.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Suggest, plan and implement improvements to code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability
- Ensure quality and stability by writing automated tests and leveraging code reviews for your work and the work of others
- Extend and enhance our monitoring/alerting systems as well as build powerful CI/CD systems
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
What can you bring
- Solid Java/Kotlin knowledge, with professional experience in development and architectural design
- Experience with cloud-native, microservice-based architectures
- Passion for software craftsmanship, best practices, design patterns, automated testing, and clean code
- Strong communication skills in English in both written and spoken form
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- A positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training, and coaching on the job.
Life at Bitmovin
Find out more about us on our Careers Page
See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to offer flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances.