Core skills: Finance, Excel, Accounts Receivable, Payments, Financial Forecasting, Budgeting, Balance Sheets, Cash-Flow , Accounting
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward thinking individuals who want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
Bitmovin is searching for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals to join our finance department. Whether you've just tossed your graduation cap in the air or have already embarked on a few professional adventures since leaving school, and now find yourself at the exciting crossroads of where to go next... let’s talk! If you're eager to kick-start your career in finance and you are hungry for an opportunity to learn and grow, this is the perfect role for you. You will get insights into the financial structure and workings of one of the most successful Scale-Up companies in Austria.
Depending on your interests, this is an opportunity that offers:
- Fast-tracking your professional growth, providing you with a comprehensive understanding of the finance function within a SaaS scale-up. You'll gain valuable insights and hands-on experience that will set you apart in the industry.
- Preparation of management & department reportings, performance analysis, investor reporting, budgeting & liquidity planning
- Collaboration with other departments and supporting the management team with reports for data driven decisions.
- Exposure to a wide range of accounting operations, including maintaining financial master data to ensure optimal data quality for the company’s financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Environment that encourages autonomy, flexibility, and innovation.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Assisting the finance team in the daily operations which include the preparation and publishing of financial statements and other relevant financial information (e.g. ad-hoc analysis, presentations and reports)
- Assisting in the Accounts Receivables and collection forecast process
- Assisting in the budgeting & liquidity planning, as well as actuals to budget analysis of deviation
- Preparation of performance analysis (KPIs)
- Optimize and maintain the quality of the financial master data, support the development of a business intelligence function
- Get to know inhouse tools e.g. ERP system, planning tools etc. and work on identifying process improvements
- Work closely together with other departments and colleagues spread around the globe
- Support in daily office work
What can you bring
- Experience in reading/interpreting financial information (income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, working capital calculations)
- High proficiency in MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills (English, German is an advantage)
- High attention to detail; organizational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
The internship duration is 6 months - Please apply with your certificates. You have to have a valid work permit/citizenship for Austria to apply for this internship.
Life at Bitmovin
- Find out more about us on our Careers Page
- See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
- Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to offer flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances.