Senior Frontend Engineer (Checkout) (w/m/d)
We are Billie, the leading provider of Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are to create a new standard for business payments and have made it our mission to simplify the purchasing experience for all businesses making it a tool for growth. Our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to become part of our Checkout Team, a dedicated frontend unit where your expertise will make a significant impact on more than 300K companies that are using our checkout solution.
As a team, we assume ownership of various technical landscapes in Bille products, spanning the modular checkout widget, hosted payment page, Demoshop and the checkout SDK. You will work closely with external partners, including payment service providers, as well as internally with authorization, risk, and onboarding services to enhance the platform capabilities in internationalization and localization. Your skills will play a key role in strengthening secure and smooth transaction processes, ultimately enhancing the overall user journey.
In more detail you will:
- Closely collaborate with Product and UI/UX designers in order to deliver the best user experience
- Constantly improve our processes to ensure better DX without compromising on delivery
- Collaborate with other teams within Billie to ensure better end to end design
- Setting up and driving trade-offs discussions and decisions within the team
- Coach and mentor other team members through workshops, pair programming, and code reviews
- Contribute to recruitment by attracting, reviewing and interviewing candidates
Our tech stack:
- Our Frontend architecture is built in a monorepo style with multiple Frontend applications with Nextjs ,React, Typescript and many shared libraries and a design system to power the applications
- Among the technologies we use are the following: xState, React testing library, Redux, Context API, Jest …
- We use storybook to be a live documentation of our design system components and we write integration tests with cypress
- We manage our monorepo with Nx and our CI is built with jenkins and github actions
Who we are looking for:
- You have at least 8 years of experience as a software developer
- You have experience with component-based architecture using Reactjs
- You have experience with Redux and Context API
- You are familiar with accessibility and testing (unit, integration, and end-to-end)
- You had the opportunity to implement and maintain atomic design systems
Nice to have:
- Experience with TypeScript
- Bundle size and core web vitals are always in your mind when making decisions
- Implemented integration tests with Cypress
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Familiar with data structures and algorithm design
- Concepts like clean code, domain-driven design, and design patterns are not new to you
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance
- Hybrid working approach enabling a good balance working from home and the office
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program, that enables discounted access to Berlin Public Transport (BVG)
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons
- Free German group classes
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities
- Great office space at Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, barista coffee, drinks and more
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.