Cloud Security Specialist (w/m/d)
We are Billie, the leading provider of Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are to create a new standard for business payments and have made it our mission to simplify the purchasing experience for all businesses making it a tool for growth. Our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability.
About the role:
Reporting directly to our CISO, you will be our key player when it comes to fostering Billie's Information Security and helping us scale it to the next level. A strong focus of the role will be automating information security in infrastructure processes and solving complex security challenges.
In more details, you will:
- Discover, remediate and validate security issues across cloud infrastructure per industry standard information security policies
- Build, deploy, and manage production security tools and services to monitor networks, endpoints, and cloud workloads
- Design and operate scalable processes to provision cloud access and maintain least-privilege
- Maintain a reliable, easy to use and low-touch infrastructure using technologies such as Terraform and immutable images
- Partner closely with security leadership and engineering to execute on security strategies for Billie’s infrastructure
- Assess and propose solutions regarding cloud security to leadership
- Perform architectural and design reviews through the security lens and provide timely, actionable requirements and recommendations
- Participate in the design, development, implementation as well as regular assessment/ review of controls, frameworks and processes
- Work closely with the CISO as well as the CTO and Senior Management in the further development of Billie's Information Security Management System
- Support in the preparation for and during the execution of internal and external audits
Who we are looking for:
- You have work experience as a DevSecOps Engineer, Security Engineer, cloud security engineer on platforms such as AWS or in a similar position
- You have experience and knowledge of automation tools such as Docker, ArgoCD, Ansible, Terraform,GitHub actions, Cloudflare DNS & ZeroTrust, Hashicorp Vault and have a strong enthusiasm for Identity and Access Management
- You have proficient communication skills to teach the team various concepts like scalability, automation, and security
- You are self-driven and have a flexible mindset which allows you to work both independently and in multicultural teams
- You have deep knowledge of a wide range of AWS services and networking in cloud environments
- You have expertise in writing good quality code in any scripting language (Python and Bash preferred)
- You are experiences of staying up to date with modern cyber security threats and latest security best practices
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance
- Hybrid working approach enabling a good balance working from home and the office
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program, that enables discounted access to Berlin Public Transport (BVG)
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons
- Free German group classes
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities
- Great office space at Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, barista coffee, drinks and more
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.