Senior Java Engineer (Payments) (w/m/d)
We are Billie, the leading provider of Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are to create a new standard for business payments and have made it our mission to simplify the purchasing experience for all businesses making it a tool for growth. Our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for Billie’s Payments domain. We are cracking the b2b finance world and our segment covers the core of the business dealing with funds movement - initiation, settlement, transactions identification, reconciliation and reporting. We thrive in our fast paced environment keeping quality as a priority with trust in our empowered engineering teams. In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- You will primarily build the new products without legacy refactoring.
- Mentor and train team members, share knowledge with the other teams, and perform code reviews.
- Evolve CI/CD tools and processes.
- Be self-organized, self-driven and willing to own initiatives end to end while helping teams move forward.
Who we are looking for
- Strong JVM software development experience in large-scale, highly-available and reliable production systems.
- Experience in Spring Boot and Kotlin.
- Strong engineering practical experience (9+years).
- Proven record of moving from other stacks to Spring Boot is preferred
- Experience in working with Microservices and Cloud-based development environments.
- Working experience in a product-driven environment and understanding Domain Driven Design.
- Working experience with TDD, mobbing, pair programming.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
We have chosen domain-driven design as our approach to organize teams and offer them focus, as a consequence we expect any potential Senior Engineers to have a deep understanding of this. The tech organization is aligned with our overall business goals and works with OKRs therefore cross-team collaboration is essential for success in this role. We operate a “you build it, you maintain it” approach to delivery, hence being the person to offer architectural advice for security and scalability is a must.
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance
- Hybrid working approach enabling a good balance working from home and the office
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program, that enables discounted access to Berlin Public Transport (BVG)
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons
- Free German group classes
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities
- Great office space at Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, barista coffee, drinks and more
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.