Senior Mobile Software Engineer - Customer Solutions
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Software Engineer to join our DriveWell Apps scrum team, responsible for the implementation of new apps and app enhancements across CMT's customer base. As part of the Customer Solutions department, the team works hand in hand with Solution Architects and Engagement Managers to ensure that the customer mobile applications are aligned to business requirements and UI design, and ensures the successful deployment of new customer apps or app enhancements through the entire project lifecycle.
- Solve complex problems and transform them into business solutions in collaboration with team members
- Analyze and translate business and functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications suitable for implementation
- Able to independently transform complex technical requirement into smaller implementable pieces; able to implement performant software solutions that are maintainable, scalable, reliable and testable
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Participate in the hiring process
- Guide junior developers on proper software development procedures and methods
- Follow company defined development and operational standards and processes
- Provide on-call support during business critical emergency scenarios. Support and troubleshoot production issues as needed.
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification
- 4+ years of relevant development experience
- Ability to do general development tasks on Linux and MacOS
- Able to troubleshoot issues by analyzing logs
- Experience building adaptive user interfaces
- Experience with different application architectures such as Model-View-Controller, MVVM, and VIPER
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies (specifically SCRUM)
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience building Android or iOS mobile applications
- Experience with automated testing techniques (e.g. unit tests, integration tests)
- Skills required for Android developers:
- Proficient in both Java and Kotlin with a strong understanding of concurrency concepts
- Familiarity with Android JetPack libraries
- Experience with Kotlin coroutines and flows
- Familiarity with third-party Android libraries like RxJava, Dagger 2, and Retrofit
- Solid knowledge of the Gradle build system for Android
- Skills required for iOS focused developers:
- Proficient in both Swift and Objective-C with a strong understanding of concurrency concepts
- Familiarity with iOS Frameworks and development using XCode
- Experience with Combine and SwiftUI
- Familiarity with third-party iOS libraries
- Solid knowledge of cocoapods or Swift Package Manager
- Willing and able to work from our Chennai office three times per week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Medical Benefits (Health insurance, Personal accident insurance, Group term life insurance), gratuity, parental leave, sick leave and public holidays
- Employees are eligible for flexible allowances which includes Leave Travel Assistance, Telephone/Mobile Expenses, Professional development expenses, Meals Coupon, Vehicle Reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.