Director of Product Management - Commercial Fleets
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
The Director of Product Management for Commercial Fleets will be responsible for the vision and strategy for CMT’s commercial insurance & fleet solutions. The Director will be knowledgeable about current fleet telematics programs both for commercial insurance and fleet management, including their varying audiences, characteristics, and value-drivers. With this knowledge, the Director will help us scale our commercial fleet business by identifying new value-add telematics variables and underwriting factors for commercial insurance pricing and bundling models, and determine ways to share this value with small business owners and fleet managers. Also, they will identify enhancements to our product offering to help our customers attract and retain new small business owners and small fleets as well as partnership opportunities for growing our programs with these existing fleet segments as well as target new fleet segments. These advancements will be powered by telematics data fused from millions of mobile phones, IoT devices, connected vehicles, and dashcams.
- Drive the product strategy & roadmap to aggressively grow CMT’s commercial fleet business
- Build and manage strong relationships with mobility partners and our insurance customers
- Listen to and empathize with commercial insurance customers regarding their problems and their goals
- Evangelize CMT’s products and the value they deliver by solving customer problems and achieving customer goals
- Lead disciplined product discovery efforts to identify and define high leverage new features and products
- Develop and lead cross functional teams to bring products from concept to reality
- Identify the enhancements and new products required to support our roadmap, including intermediate, measurable targets (key results)
- Collaborate with sales, customer success, customer solutions and engineering teams to ensure successful go to market efforts
- Provide input to our platform development team regarding use cases for new data elements and new data fusion opportunities from mobile, IoT, connected cars and dashcam devices
- Become recognized both within CMT and the marketplace as a thought leader in commercial fleet telematics and meet with customers, prospects, industry experts to evangelize CMT’s vision
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification in Business, Management, or Computer Science
- 9+ years of relevant working experience
- Auto and/or commercial insurance experience preferred
- Knowledge of telematics commercial insurance and fleet management programs around the world preferred
- Ability to see the big picture and filter out the noise
- Ability to create a compelling vision and evangelize it
- Able to develop a strategy and manage a cross-functional team to execute
- Excellent product and people management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A passion for using data to make our streets and highways safer
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.