Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative manager who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better! We’re looking for an outstanding Engineer and Manager to take our team to the next level. Working together with technical leaders within (and outside) of CMT, you will have an immediate impact by defining and transforming our data platform, from data collection to insights and solution enablement. This is a chance to truly define the future of CMT’s mobile and backend tech stack. A great fit for this role will bring a strong technical background, be well-organized, able to prioritize and delegate, and eager to learn.
- Lead development of high leverage projects and capabilities of the Engineering team
- Manage and provide team leadership to your assigned Engineering function. This includes providing support on tactical team items and providing guidance to grow individual team members within their own careers
- Identify, recruit and maintain a top talent team, managing 2+ direct reports
- Partner with architects and business leaders to design and build robust services using storage layer, streaming and batch data
- Take ownership for the overall planning, execution, and release of complex technical projects
- Support the VP, Engineering and drive the technical vision and strategy
- Work closely with product management and UX teams to ensure we are building the best possible products
- Review code to ensure it is efficient, well-tested, scalable, documented and optimal
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products
- Represent a concept, the business area, and the company both in internal and external meetings, including direct collaboration with customers and solution vendors
- Provide required assistance and troubleshoot production. As needed, potentially subject to on call responsibilities
- Follow Companies development and operational standards and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years of management experience preferred, ideally in a geographically distributed, cross-functional organization
- A natural penchant for (and demonstrated success in) mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams
- Scrappy, “impact-focused” attitude
- Strong understanding and appreciation for the agile process and methodology
- Expertise in finding, defining and facilitating the creation and sharing of both low level and high level architecture
- Extensive knowledge of mobile engineering, both from a software and a tooling perspective
- Experience leading company-encompassing technical projects
- A strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and their real-world use cases
- A passion for using data to make our streets and highways safer
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.