Senior Data Analyst
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
As a Senior Data Analyst at CMT, you will develop a variety of analytic solutions that will report on car movements and driver behaviors derived from the sensors found in modern smartphones and other devices. You will oversee the creation and delivery of analytic offerings by partnering with internal stakeholders on data requirements and with the data science team to develop tools and services supporting their needs. You will help build and monitor CMT’s data lake, including validating data prior to it being used by the organization and/or its clients. You will also construct and apply standard statistical analysis and financial models to verify data acceptability and accuracy, and ensure data integrity by implementing quality assurance practices.
- Perform advanced business analysis using various techniques, including statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Develop actionable insights with recommendations for the current business operations or issues
- Partner with Product Owners, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and other stakeholders to develop models, reporting, dashboards, and presentations for internal and external clients
- Work with CMT data scientists to develop algorithms and models for dashboards and analysis
- Implement data strategies, develop implementation plans, and manage to plan with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with deliverable reporting requirements
- Handle special analytical projects as needed
- Lead cross-functional internal and external meetings to present analysis and insights, and to propose recommendations
- May oversee the work of less experienced analysts
- Participate in A/B and other statistical testing designs, setting up control groups, and relaying outcomes of testing
- Update and add new data in data lake including setting up data dictionaries, definitions, document reporting and their dependencies, and to relay internal department data and reporting requirements
- Ensure data integrity by monitoring and performing data lake quality audits and analysis, and by identifying and defining new processes and procedures to mitigate data discrepancies
- Develop data testing and monitoring algorithms that efficiently identify incongruences and changes in data and reporting
- Complete any additional tasks that may arise
- Bachelor’s degree (Master's degree preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience/certification
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Reporting, or Data Science
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Infogram, Plotly, and/or Visual.ly
- Strong SQL coding skills with ability to update and retrieve data, highlight data changes, and identify data incongruencies
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with ability to raise questions, define needs, and relay outcomes
- Ability to develop and present findings to small groups
- Experience using MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability, and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work-from-home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club, and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education, and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.