Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Backend
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Senior QA Engineer who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Work with quality assurance team to explore requirements, prepare test scenarios, write test specifications
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Prepare test scenarios, write test specifications and help improve automation frameworks throughout the entire software development life cycle. Execute functional test scripts and regression testing using automated tools
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure.
- Follow company’s development and operational standards and processes
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across geographies and various timezones.
- Own and communicate testing of CMT solutions throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) with Agile methodology, from design to development through release in close collaboration with product owners, development, and other stakeholders in a customer-facing environment
- Design and perform functional testing, exploratory testing and end-to-end testing of our news features delivered by our customer-facing scrum teams
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- 4+ years of industry experience in QA with a focus on testing backend services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Eager learner. We are looking for someone who is going outside their comfort zone, diving into a new project space, and seeking out resources & documentation to learn on their own initiative
- Experience with XRAY or any Test Management Tool
- Experience in creating and maintaining test artifacts for backend services
- Experience writing automation tests for cloud applications with tools such as Pytest, etc
- Python ( version 3.x and above ) programming knowledge.
- REST API testing and debugging experience using tools such as Postman, cURL
- Proficiency with SQL & relational database basics
- Proficiency with anyone of the NoSQL database
- Knowledge in AWS will be a plus.
- Knowledge about CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to work from our Chennai office three times per week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Medical Benefits (Health insurance, Personal accident insurance, Group term life insurance), gratuity, parental leave, sick leave and public holidays
- Employees are eligible for flexible allowances which includes Leave Travel Assistance, Telephone/Mobile Expenses, Professional development expenses, Meals Coupon, Vehicle Reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.