Principal Product Manager I, Data Reporter
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Principal Product Manager for our Data Reporter who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better! The Principal Product Manager will own and manage CMT’s Data Reporter that produces and delivers driving data and insights to our customers and partners. Also, they will coordinate and prioritize the delivery of new data elements and insights as we expand our products and build new ones.
- Own your product, develop a roadmap and be accountable for its articulation and execution
- Be the main point of contact for your product with customers, and the go to market team
- Develop empathy for the needs of our customers and use independent judgment and discretion while creating a compelling vision for how to address them
- Understand the high-level technical architecture to influence a cross-functional team of engineers and designers to build and deliver a high-impacting product to our customers
- Write product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams
- Analyze data and leverage consumer insights to inform product decisions; research and identify new opportunities
- Bring the voice of our customers, partners, and users to every meeting and interaction to help us understand the impact of choices we make
- Work closely with UX to gather user feedback and iterate on or create new product features based on user needs and pain points
- Work with senior and executive leadership in the company to prepare business cases and models for the overall product line
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Computer Science, Business, Engineering Product Management or equivalent experience and technical proficiency building B2B products
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
- 7+ years of relevant working experience with a demonstrated ability to set and execute against a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers to set requirements for predictive algorithms
- Strong project management / program management skills to keep initiatives on track
- An ability to adapt to changing business needs and prioritize efforts against the challenges at hand
- A scrappy, positive “impact-focused” attitude: you don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on
- Experience with usability testing
- Familiarity working in an agile environment and working with tools such as JIRA
- Comfort reading and digesting API documentation
- A passion for using data to make our streets and highways safer
- Willing and able to work from our Chennai office three times per week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Medical Benefits (Health insurance, Personal accident insurance, Group term life insurance), gratuity, parental leave, sick leave and public holidays
- Employees are eligible for flexible allowances which includes Leave Travel Assistance, Telephone/Mobile Expenses, Professional development expenses, Meals Coupon, Vehicle Reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.