Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative financial analyst who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
Operating within the Corporate Finance function and reporting to the Manager of FP&A, the FP&A analyst is a key member of CMT’s Financial Planning & Analysis team, providing financial direction and strategic insight including identification of key value drivers and business KPIs.
This person will contribute to our annual budgeting process and will partner closely with functional teams to manage expenses throughout the year. The person in this role will also be responsible for collaborating with functional leads to define and analyze key operational and financial metrics that contribute to the success of the overarching company level goals, with a focus on influencing business strategy and operational decision making.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process, including coordination with various finance and functional teams, ad hoc analyses/scenario building, and preparation of presentation materials
- Assist with ad hoc strategic analyses (projects like commission forecasting, profitability analysis, etc.)
- Help implement cross-functional processes to facilitate coordination and accelerate growth across the company and prepare the company to be IPO-ready
- Prepare and produce monthly financial and metrics reporting pack for investors
- Partners with department leads to manage expense budgets and examine budget vs. actual variances
- Update and maintain 3-statement budget model, including rolling monthly forecast
- Design and build reporting dashboards for leadership team to easily access the “source of truth” information for key financial and business metrics
- Support M&A diligence processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 2+ years of relevant working experience, preferably with experience in fast-growing startups and/or investment banking
- Strong analytical skill and ability to work with large amounts of data with an ability to create ad hoc reports or analytics independently
- Strong financial skills to evaluate a broad range of financial questions – especially ROI, sensitivity analysis, and complex business decisions
- Expertise with Excel and strong PowerPoint skills; ability to build flexible models able to be updated quickly and efficiently with input assumptions, etc.; SQL skills a plus
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively - capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and ability to implement ideas through to successful conclusion
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at a time and communicate on timing of deliverables
- Strong business acumen, judgment and professionalism required. Intellectual curiosity that drives a deep understanding of business issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and an eagerness to collaborate with colleagues (within or outside of finance) in sharing insights and learnings
- Must be able to work well with senior leaders, peers, and junior team members across various functions
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset with the flexibility to adapt to change and interest in learning new tools a plus
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Netsuite, Tableau, Salesforce, AWS Cost Explorer preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.