VP, Product Management, Risk
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
The Vice President of Product Management will be responsible for CMT’s DriveWell Risk product. Built atop DriveWell Fusion, DriveWell Risk identifies, measures, and scores risk associated with driving behavior, vehicle dynamics, and road characteristics using telematics data. The VP will be an expert in how telematics data is used for pricing and analytics today, as well as in the broader data-driven decisions made regarding risk and road safety across the mobility ecosystem. With this knowledge, the VP will help us extend and enhance DriveWell Risk to support how our customers score and price risk and use the product in business functions. These enhancements will generate new value for our customers as well as end consumers.
- Drive the vision, strategy, and product roadmap for CMT’s DriveWell Risk product
- Inspire our customers and teams to align around a clear, compelling vision for the future, and use telematics data as the de facto standard for measuring risk in the mobility ecosystem
- Listen to and empathize with customers regarding their problems and goals, and explain how our solutions can solve their problems
- Lead disciplined product discovery efforts to identify and define new products and features
- Develop and lead teams of product managers, and collaborate with other product leaders on cross-product dependencies
- Own the roadmap for DriveWell Risk and identify the product and technology enhancements required to support this roadmap, including inspiring objectives and measurable key results
- Collaborate with product development, product marketing, sales, customer solutions, and customer success to ensure successful go-to-market efforts
- Provide input to platform development on use cases for new data elements and new data fusion opportunities
- Become recognized both within CMT and the marketplace as a thought leader and meet with customers, prospects, and industry experts to evangelize DriveWell Risk
- Participate as a member of the CMT leadership team and work closely with other leaders to ensure that CMT achieves its goals
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- 12+ years of experience in Product Management
- Expertise in how telematics is used in usage-based insurance programs
- Knowledge of risk analytics in driver and road safety across the mobility ecosystem
- Ability to see the big picture and filter out the noise
- Ability to create a compelling vision and evangelize it
- Experience leading a team of Product Managers
- Able to develop a strategy and manage a cross-functional team to execute
- Ability to work across teams and successfully bring new product features to market
- Excellent product and people management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A passion for using data to make our roads and drivers safer
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (business, data analytics, statistics, math, computer science, actuarial science, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.