Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a talented and experienced hands-on SVP of Engineering who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better. Our company is at the forefront of innovation, and we need someone who can drive our engineering strategy to move our engineering efforts forward as we continue to grow our business. The SVP of Engineering will be responsible for overall management of the engineering team tasked with designing and implementing our technical roadmap, establishing and maintaining processes that empower our engineering teams to bring our products to life, and scale our systems to many millions of users. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing an engineering team with expertise across the entire stack from firmware to mobile to cloud software to data engineering and delivering high-quality technology products on time.
- As a key member of our senior management team, you will help develop and deliver our vision, mission, and strategy
- Partner with stakeholders including product, sales and customer teams to establish priorities, timelines, and resources that align with our growth and profit goals
- Create and communicate engineering plans, processes, and best practices that align with CMT's strategic vision and empower the engineering team to deliver exceptional, scalable, and reliable software products and solutions
- Inspire and guide a 200-member global engineering organization to achieve their goals, develop their skills, and continuously improve their performance
- Ensure that engineering teams are properly staffed, skilled, and equipped with the necessary resources, tools, and infrastructure to deliver quality software products on time
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement that drives team engagement, ownership, and operational excellence
- Evaluate and adopt emerging software engineering technologies, industry trends and best practices to improve our products and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 15+ years of relevant experience in software engineering, with at least 10 years of engineering management in leadership roles
- Proven track record of successfully managing large engineering teams of 100+ people and delivering world class products
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering practices and technologies.
- Technical background and knowledge in one or more of the key areas of importance to CMT, such as mobile system software, embedded firmware, cloud software, B2B software APIs, cloud-based and/or edge-based machine learning software, and data engineering
- Experience establishing and managing a department budget, including employee and contractor costs, headcount trends, operating expenses, and other related areas
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.