Quality Assurance Engineer, Customer Solutions
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative quality assurance teammate who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Advocate and ensure a high quality user experience
- Prepare test scenarios, write test specifications and help improve automation frameworks throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore requirements, designs, and implementations in order to execute acceptance tests and develop quality plans
- Utilize a solid understanding of iOS, Android, and web technologies
- Identify hypothetical failure modes; design and execute tests of hypotheses
- Design & execute functional test scripts and regression testing using automated tools
- Work directly with customers to help resolve their issues
- Provide required support and troubleshoot production. As needed, potentially subject to on call responsibilities
- Follow Companies development and operational standards and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in QA with a focus on automated testing software for client-server applications
- Experience with testing mobile platforms and web applications
- Experience creating test plans and test cases
- Experience with testing and debugging REST APIs using tools such as Postman
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as S3 and Device Farm
- Knowledge about CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bitrise and Github
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.