Principal Solutions Architect
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Solutions Architect who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Meet with clients to understand their business vision and document business requirements and a delivery plan for solutions leveraging CMT Products
- Work with insurer teams and associates to plan the best launch strategy
- Negotiate technical solutions that support a balance between best serving our customers and also ideal for CMT
- Find creative and unique solutions to solve complex problems
- Develop, guide and design the solution architecture for projects to be delivered by internal delivery teams or a solution partner team
- Serve as the point contact person for internal and external teams for integration architecture
- Analyze proposed solutions for integrations with insurer systems and third parties
- Recommend solutions with an eye to future scalability, performance, maintenance and usage
- Cooperate with sales and solution partners by proposing solutions, demonstrating the technology, helping respond to RFPs and serving as SME for subsequent questions
- As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for educating and guiding decisions made by internal teams, solution partners and customer technical teams
- Provide Guidance and mentorship for other solution architects
- Ability to Travel 25%-50%
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and/or certification in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 7+ years of relevant working experience with proven success in delivering SaaS based software projects on time, in scope, and to customer business goals
- Experience working in the the automotive insurance industry developing a strategy or technical solutions for underwriting product(s) and/or automobile claims
- Experience with designing enterprise solutions across Mobile (native iOS and Android) and back-end technologies running on the public cloud at consumer scale is a plus
- Working with customers - customer focused, and experience working with internal software teams in a scrum process and cadence
- Ability to think about the entire solution to solve the current business objectives with an eye for scaling
- Experience in leading technical meetings with internal and customer teams
- Ability to scope and document requirements, stories and solution architectures
- Ability to estimate, plan, and create milestones leading to the complete project
- Experience with SaaS platforms ideally at consumer scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willing and able to work in person in our Cambridge office twice per week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.