Principal Product Manager, Crash Detection
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dash cams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
The Technical Product Manager for Crash Detection is a key role responsible for driving the development, enhancement, and successful delivery of cutting-edge crash detection models and related products. This role requires a strong blend of technical expertise, data science knowledge, and product management skills to lead the development of advanced crash detection algorithms and guide the product roadmap. The Technical Product Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams, data scientists, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure the continuous improvement and evolution of crash detection capabilities in line with market demands and business goals.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Product Manager who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap that aligns with business objectives and market needs
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers and the go-to-market team, ensuring seamless communication and customer-centric product development
- Work closely with data scientists and engineering teams to define technical requirements for crash detection models and understand technical challenges and constraints
- Drive prioritization and make well-informed trade-off decisions by actively gathering inputs from customers, data scientists, engineering, design, field, and business operations
- Influence a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, sales, and designers to help articulate, build, and ship high-impact products to our customers
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to differentiate our products in the market, positioning the company for leadership within the industry
- Conduct extensive market research to gain an in-depth understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competitive offerings, informing strategic product decisions
- Write product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and seamless coordination of requirements with business, data science, and development teams
- Pursue continuous improvement and optimization of crash detection models to achieve exceptional accuracy and reliability
- Leverage consumer insights and market intelligence to inform product decisions; research and identify new opportunities
- Champion the voice of our customers, partners, and users in every meeting and interaction, fostering a deep understanding of the impact of our product choices
- Work closely with UX to gather user feedback and iterate on or create new product features based on user needs and pain points
- Collaborate with senior and executive leadership to prepare compelling business cases and models for the overall product line, ensuring alignment with company goals and growth strategies
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering
- Product management experience building B2B products
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers to set requirements for predictive algorithms
- 9+ years of relevant working experience with a demonstrated ability to set and execute against a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management / program management skills to keep initiatives on track
- An ability to adapt to changing business needs and prioritize efforts against the challenges at hand
- A scrappy, positive “impact-focused” attitude: you don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on
- Experience with usability testing
- Familiarity working in an agile environment and working with tools such as JIRA
- Comfort reading and digesting API documentation
- A passion for using data to make our streets and highways safer
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.