Principal Product Manager, Crash & Claims Solutions
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dash cams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
The Product Manager of Telematics-enabled Claims Solutions will play a crucial role in revolutionizing claims processing and enhancing the customer experience in the insurance industry. This position requires a deep understanding of telematics technology, auto insurance claims processes, and the automotive industry. The Product Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, engineers, designers, and business stakeholders, to drive the success of telematics solutions and ensure alignment with customer needs and business goals. This role demands a blend of technical expertise, insurance industry knowledge, and a relentless focus on delivering innovative and efficient solutions to streamline claims management processes.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Product Manager who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Develop and execute a comprehensive customer focused strategy for telematics crash & claims solutions for insurers
- Supervise the development and optimization of telematics-based crash detection and claims management solutions with the insurance carriers across the globe
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers and the go-to-market team, ensuring seamless communication and customer-centric product development
- Drive prioritization and make well-informed trade-off decisions by actively gathering inputs from customers, engineering, design, field, and business operations
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to differentiate our products in the market, positioning the company for leadership within the industry
- Conduct extensive market research to gain an in-depth understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competitive offerings, informing strategic product decisions
- Advocate for a seamless user experience in crash detection, digital claims submission, and overall claims management
- Oversee product launches and coordinate with marketing and sales teams to ensure successful go-to-market strategies
- Leverage consumer insights and market intelligence to inform product decisions; research and identify new opportunities
- Champion the voice of our customers, partners, and users in every meeting and interaction, fostering a deep understanding of the impact of our product choices
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) for telematics solutions and regularly assess their performance against these metrics.
- Continuously improve and optimize telematics products to enhance accuracy, efficiency, and user satisfaction.
- Collaborate with senior and executive leadership to prepare compelling business cases and models for the overall product line, ensuring alignment with company goals and growth strategies
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Computer Science, Business, Engineering Product Management or equivalent experience building B2B products
- 9+ years of relevant working experience with a demonstrated ability to set and execute against a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers to set requirements for predictive algorithms
- Strong project management / program management skills to keep initiatives on track
- An ability to adapt to changing business needs and prioritize efforts against the challenges at hand
- A scrappy, positive “impact-focused” attitude: you don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on
- Experience with usability testing
- Familiarity working in an agile environment and working with tools such as JIRA
- Comfort reading and digesting API documentation
- A passion for using data to make our streets and highways safer
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.