Director of Product Management, Mobile Platform
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is the world’s largest telematics service provider. Its mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. The company’s AI-driven platform, DriveWell®, gathers sensor data from millions of IoT devices — including smartphones, proprietary Tags, connected vehicles, dashcams, and third-party devices — and fuses them with contextual data to create a unified view of vehicle and driver behavior. Companies from personal and commercial auto insurance, automotive, rideshare, smart cities, wireless, financial services, and family safety industries use insights from CMT’s platform to power their risk assessment, safety, claims, and driver improvement programs. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in Budapest, Chennai, Seattle, Tokyo, and Zagreb, CMT serves millions of people through over 95 programs in 25 countries, including 21 of the top 25 US auto insurers.
The Director of Product Management, Mobile Platform is a key role responsible for driving the vision, development, and successful delivery of our cutting-edge mobile platform to our customers and partners. This role requires a strong blend of mobile technical expertise, mobile app and mobile operating system knowledge (Android and iOS), and product management skills to lead the vision and strategy for our Mobile Platform and guide the product roadmap. The Director of Product Management, Mobile Platform will collaborate with cross-functional teams, data scientists, engineers, and other key stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement and evolution of our Mobile Platform capabilities in line with market demands and business goals.
CMT is looking for a collaborative, customer-committed, and creative Product Management leader who wants to join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
- Lead the vision and strategy for CMT’s Mobile Platform, a key component of our DriveWell Fusion Platform
- Define and evolve the strategy, build a long-term roadmap, and drive alignment with stakeholders, partners, and peers
- Evangelize product capabilities across the business with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Champion the needs of the customer, the product, and the team to increase our impact
- Develop strong, positive partnerships with teams across CMT, including customer success, customer solutions, the broader development organization, and data science
- Deliver clear and proactive communication, customer empathy, and reliable execution to inspire trust and confidence
- Product discovery, requirements gathering, roadmapping, competitive analysis, developer interviews, OKRs, KPI development, and reporting
- Keep current on the latest mobile platform technologies (Android, iOS, hybrid frameworks)
- Coordinate technical implementation of mobile platform sub-components (algorithms, detection models, configuration framework) between development and data science
- Maintain a release schedule balancing technical development with market/customer demands
- Serve as primary contact for fielding questions about the feature set, ensuring customer-centric product development, and facilitating external communication with Product Marketing and Customer Success teams
- Track key policies related to the Mobile Platform, e.g. mobile OS version support, API deprecation, issue resolution SLAs
- Influence a cross-functional team of developers and data scientists to articulate, build, and ship a high-impact platform to our customers
- Resolve critical issues (technical, operational) within the team and impacting adjacent teams
- Make final product judgments and prioritization based on information provided by product managers, engineers, leadership, and customers
- Formulate quarterly OKRs and drive technical squads to achieve a 100% completion rate
- Collaborate with senior leadership to prepare compelling business cases and models for the overall product line, ensuring alignment with company goals and growth strategies
- Manage and mentor a team of 1 to 2 Product Managers
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or Business
- 10+ years of relevant working experience with a demonstrated ability to set and execute against a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Solid understanding of mobile software, mobile SDKs on iOS and Android, web APIs, client libraries, and cloud solutions
- Conversant in technical issues to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Extensive product management experience in enterprise software building B2B2C mobile products
- Experience working with mobile developers, cloud developers, and data scientists
- Experience presenting to senior management, key stakeholders, and customers to win support for your ideas
- Excellent track record in earning trust and comfortable saying “no” with good explanations
- Superb communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, with solid attention to detail
- Experience in fast-paced environments with a proven track record in overcoming challenges requiring versatility, creative problem-solving, and effective teaming
- Strong project management and program management skills to keep initiatives on track
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and prioritize efforts against the challenges at hand
- A scrappy, positive “impact-focused” attitude: you don’t hesitate to take initiative and address issues hands-on
- Familiarity working in an agile environment and working with tools such as JIRA
- A passion for using data to make our roads safer
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fair and competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, matching 401k, short-term & long-term disability and parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off including vacation, sick days & public holidays
- Flexible scheduling and work from home policy depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- Extensive wellness, education and employee assistance programs
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.