We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Senior Accountant to join our expanding team.
As a Sr Accountant, you will be responsible for all aspects of the full accounting process for an agricultural commodity trading firm. You will work closely together with all functions of the business, in order to efficiently complete the monthly financial close, financial reporting, and analysis.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepares monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Prepares monthly reporting for global consolidation along with commentary and analysis
- Reconciles or reviews reconcilements for all accounts within general ledger
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger
- Reviews general ledger (G/L) accounts and compares them with various source documents to identify discrepancies and/or errors/omissions in the accounts payable/journal entry process
- Communicates with internal or external counterparties to resolve discrepancies
- Creates, enters, and posts journal entries to reconcile G/L accounts with source documents
- Assists in the budget preparation and analysis
- Follows company accounting policies and ensures they are enforced
- Relevant accounting background and understanding of agriculture trading
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting practices and GAAP
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to analyze account variances and resolve discrepancies
- Ability to work independently and propose solutions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict monthly deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word-processing software, (e.g., Excel, and MS Word) and various accounting systems/databases
What we offer:
- Work in a fun office environment at the Kansas City Country Club Plaza
- Opportunity to grow and develop with high freedom to operate
- Chance to expand skillset in other areas with stretch assignments such as ERP implementation, documentation, process improvement, etc
- Competitive salary and benefits
- High performance team, no bureaucracy, no politics culture
- Positive open minded approach, ideas are valued and taken into account
If you are a driven and passionate individual ready to take your career to the next level, we encourage you to apply today!
Say it— Do it. Agro.Club was founded on the premise to be the most reliable and trustworthy partner in the grain trade. We maintain an unwavering commitment to our partners and customers, going beyond mere grain trading to consistently seek innovative ways to fulfill their needs. We trade all grains and oilseeds, as well as select specialty crops. Our technology tools allow our team to maintain a continuous touch with the market, actively seeking the most effective approaches to meet and exceed our customers' expectations.
To date we work with over 50,000 leading farmers globally, helping us to source grain for our end-users. At the core of our values is integrity. We believe in delivering on our promises and following through on our commitments.
We are a global company with a ~250 person team across approx 10 countries. With business in Europe and the Americas, we are currently building out our US operations. Now is your chance to join one of the most innovative agriculture trading companies and be part of building our growing business in the United States.