9amHealth is specialized cardiometabolic care — a first-of-its-kind, whole-body approach to preventing and treating diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, and hypertension. We offer custom care plans, fast medication, and expert guidance to help our patients live healthier every day. 9amHealth was founded in 2021 by the team behind mySugr and is backed by 7Wire Ventures, Human Capital, Founders Fund, and Define Ventures.
Clinical Care Specialist
For you, caring for people with chronic conditions like diabetes and obesity isn’t a job—it’s a calling. You live and breathe it. You feel a deep desire to be a force of positive change—for the individuals you care for, but also within the field of cardiometabolic health-at large. You speak compassionately but earnestly, committing yourself fully to helping people understand their conditions, but also have faith in what’s possible with the right support and resources.
You act from a place of empathy, always: taking the time to ask tailored questions, and get into the weeds with people to find the right solutions for them. In turn, the people you care for see you as a confidante. They turn to you because they know you’ll listen, and because they know that when they ask for help, you’ll go the extra mile to help them thrive.
Our Clinical Care Specialists provide direct care and education to patients with chronic cardiometabolic conditions in collaboration with our Physicians.
- Provide comprehensive diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and weight loss care, education, and support for patients through chat, phone, and video calls following internal protocols
- Create thorough consults aligned with internal protocols for 9amHealth physicians
- Collaborate with Patient Care Advocates to ensure patient success
- Minimum Qualifications
- Registered Nurse, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist plus Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) or Board Certified-Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) or eligible for certification
- Experience in medication adjustment and using an EMR
- Strong empathy skills and an expert in patient-centered language and care
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with telehealth or using technology platforms in patient care
- Thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment
At 9amHealth, you'll join the exciting environment of a startup with the stability of highly experienced founders that have successfully built a business from scratch. We foster a collaborative learning mindset and a passion for improvement. You'll work with a brand-new product alongside a small, flexible team of people eager to shape technology, infrastructure, and culture.
Our team members are spread across the globe, with physical sites in San Diego, California, and Vienna, Austria, but we value your culture regardless of where you work.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits – including health, vision, and dental plans and 20 vacation days (for full-time employees). Some employees work from home, and some in the office, but we appreciate team members willing to work from and travel to the office as needed.
Diabetes disproportionately impacts BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color) communities. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our patients and creating a positive healthcare experience for them. We welcome applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and foreign-born residents.